Friday, October 2, 2009

Reading for Week Three

I forgot that I am trying to keep track of reading.

Kieron read On to Oregon and The Westing Game this week and is now reading The White Company by Arthur Conan Doyle.

Paddy and I finished Childrens' Book of Heroes. We read a few stories from Enchanted Isles (actually an old reader but with mostly really good stories) and we continue to progress through The Burgess Animal Book.

In Fellowship of the Ring, which we read together, the Nine have left Rivendell and are getting close to Moria.

For "school reading" Paddy and I have read through Ready-Set-Read! and a bit of the history section in What Your First Grader Needs to Know.

Kieron has finished the Memoir unit in his Junior Classic book (Cub Pilot from Mark Twain, Barrio Boy from Ernesto something, No Gumption by Russell Baker, and a story from Maya Angelou's I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings). He's on to narrative poems, which I'm looking forward to. Our family isn't overly fond of personal autobiography. He probably enjoyed the Mark Twain one the most.

He's progressing through Joy Hakim's book 7 in the History of US. He likes the readings but doesn't like all the responses he has to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Willa. Just wanted to comment and say I was visiting. You sound busy and productive. Peace! - Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!