Sunday, September 27, 2009

More Geography


Elizabeth has a continents and cultures series of lesson plans going up at her blog. Also, there is a long Real Learning thread on geography resources (mostly Montessori, and out of my price range, but I thought I could skim it for ideas).

Elizabeth linked to this idea for push-pin map work at My Montessori Journey. It shows how you can use pin-pushing to trace around the shape of a country or whatever. More on pin map continents here.

This reminded me that I had Brendan and Clare interact with a world map when they were Paddy's age by landing thumbtacks at the right place. Funny how it had slipped my mind! Also, Paddy would probably like it if I gave him little figures and had them travel on the globe or map. That might be a good way to review during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!