Since it's a draft, there may be some mistakes -- links that don't work, etc. If you find a problem please leave a comment and I will do my best to fix it. If you want a given form in a different version (for example, RTF instead of Word 2007, DOC instead of PDF) please comment and if possible I will add the version you request.
When the explanation is linked, the link takes you to the post where I originally explained and/or uploaded a picture of what the form or cards looks like. Sometimes there are also links to further resources.
- Harvey's Elementary Grammar (doc) -- I copied out a public domain textbook into doc form.
- Narration Command Cards (PDF) -- cards with various narration starters.
- Pictures for Word Cards (PDF) -- matching pictures and words. Based on the public domain Word Mastery. The words are here: Word Cards (PDF)
- Phonogram Cards (PDF)
- Reading Rescue (PDF) a reading lesson planning sheet based on the book Reading Rescue 1-2-3.
- Syllabus for Jacob's Algebra (doc) -- a basic page breakdown I made for my highschooler
- Hundreds' Chart (in color, doc) -- details and a few ideas for activities here.
- Number Cards (in large font, colored by decade, PDF) -- some details and pictures here.
- Number Cards (b&w, PDF) -- same as above but in greyscale
These are place value cards -- shown here:
Colored counting beads shown here:
These are described here and here.
- Addition Cards (PDF)
- Addition Tables (PDF)
- Addition Board (PDF)
- Addition Strips (PDF)
- Addition Beads (PDF)
Early Learning or Special Needs
Pease Porridge Hot (PDF) -- command card for brain gym type exercise
Shoulder Owl (PDF) -- another command card for brain gym type exercise
Supplemental Reading Packets
- Lepanto (PDF) -- a packet to go along with our Lepanto study with GKC's poem, etc.
- Our Country Part I -- Supplement (PDF) -- a supplement pack to the public domain Catholic textbook for grades 5-6 called Our Country in Story.
Study Guides and Reading Lists:
- Discovery and Exploration (PDF) -- a New World unit with a booklist, etc.
- Renaissance Review (PDF) -- a reading list for the Renaissance unit.
- All Ye Lands (PDF) -- a study guide for Chapter Nine: The Renaissance in All Ye Lands.
Two decorative Tables of Contents:
Usborne Book of Discovery -- Scientists (PDF)
Christ the King (PDF)
Worksheets for History Notebooks
These are forms you can fill out with information about an event or famous person to put in a notebook or use as the basis of a report.
These are timeline cards you can cut out and use for a history notebook or wall timeline....see here and here for pictures and context.
- Lepanto Timeline Cards (PDF)
- Renaissance People (PDF)
- Early New World Discoverers (PDF)
- Famous Scientists (PDF)
The cards and game boards below are pictured and described here.
- Geography Cards (PDF)
- New World Theme Game Board (PDF)
- Travel Theme Game Card (PDF) -- to use for review games
The geography commands cards linked to below are described and shown here
Continent Cards (small, PDF)
Control Globe and Label for Continent Cards (PDF)
Blank ones to print out:
Planner by Hour (doc) -- a blank form for tracking or planning a day.
A weekly lesson planning chart (doc) -- by subjects and days
A similar one in greyscale (doc) for my Year 1 boys.
Another weekly planner/recordkeeper (doc) -- I was trying different forms to decide which would work best.
Study Log (PDF) -- basically a weekly record-keeper or planner that a student could use himself.
Unit or Topic Planner (PDF) -- for planning an overview -- you could use it by year, or term or half term.
Monthly Theme (PDF) -- based on Dawn's at By Sun and Candlelight's beautiful monthly themes, as I mentioned here.
Focus Worksheet (doc)-- a blank sheet to fill out to remind me of my priorities in different areas. I don't think I ever used it.
Elementary-grade MOntessori type workplan (doc) --I looked at a few online and then made my own.
A lesson planning template (doc) with a history focus.
Filled forms to look at if you're interested.
- Memory Book and a Morning Time Outline. ... both in Word 2007 docx, explained here. I'm still hoping to use this idea since I loved it but it was probably too complex -- I'll probably have to start one bit at a time and add on.
- My 2008-9 School Year Calendar (PDF)
- Road Map (doc) -- showing my priorities and schedule from fall of 2008
----Course Plans for Year 7
- A revised Year 7 syllabus (PDF) -- details here. The original syllabus is here -- Year 7 Syllabus, PDF
- Course Method Outline for Year 7 PDF -- day by day instructions.
- Here's a similar outline in a slightly different format in doc. -- broken down by subject rather than by day.
- Year 7 overview part 1 (main lesson type blocks, PDF) and Part 2
- Year 7 Exam Questions for Term 1 (google doc)
- Miscellaneous planning forms for Year 7 (PDF) -- details here.
----In the third term of the year, we moved closer to Ambleside. Here are some records of that last term for Year 7.
- Weekly Schedule (Year 7) -- doc and docx -- details here.
- Completed Week 24 (docx) -- described here.
- A reading breakdown based on Ambleside's Year 4, which we are just finishing now, in doc and docx.
Basic Resources for Year 1 (PDF)
Year 1 Block or Topic Lists (PDF) -- part 1 and part 2 -- described here and here. They were based on "What Your Kindergartener Needs to Know" and "What your First Grader Needs to Know."
A Mater Amabilis type Timetable for Year 1 (PDF) with room for writing down details. .. shown and explained here.
from last term
Ambleside YEar 1 -based Checklist (d0c)
List of Ambleside Year 1 readings (doc ) -- in clipboard-friendly format.