Thursday, March 1, 2012

Kindle Book: The Life and Writings of Saint Augustine

I know I haven't blogged here for a while!  The little blogging I have been doing is over at Take Up and Read.

I am up at Wasilla visiting my mom and though I probably have more time in the day than I do at home, it somehow doesn't feel that way, so I have sort of gotten out of the blogging rhythm.

But I wanted to mention....

I found a good book for free for the Amazon Kindle (I'm guessing you can find it for the Nook, too).

It is The Life and Writings of Saint Augustine. 

It is a collection of some of his major works like Confessions, City of God, and On Christian Doctrine (and more as well, those are just the ones I can remember offhand) and there is also a section with some quotes of his.

Though the works are in public domain, this is an actual collection made by someone Wyatt North Publishing so there is a hyperlinked table of contents, and Kindle-specific formatting, which makes collections like this way more useable.  I don't know how long it will stay free, so I wanted to mention it!  


2 comments:

  1. Willa,

    I was missing you! I wondered if you were visiting your mother or busy with other things. Anyway, I just stopped by to say hello.

    I have St Augustine's writings in paper form but not on my Kindle. I am trying to build up my Kindle spiritual reading library. I like being able to carry all the books around on one small device. So convenient! Thank you for the link!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for posting this. This independent writer/publisher needs all the help he can get!

      Keep reading,
      Wyatt North

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!