Monday, September 19, 2011

Signifcant Seven

I posted on Sunday about my priorities -- what I seem to come back to year after year as the bottom line of homeschooling, even when the superficial things change.  

Thinking about it some more, maybe I will use those basic things as a template for a Week in Review.  I haven't done one of those for a long time and I miss them.  The categories:

Prayers and Devotions
Reading
Conversation
Outdoors Life
Work
Play
Exploration 

 I don't want it to get too formulaic.    But it might give me a way to think about what we're doing and what's important to me. 

Seven's a nice number.   When I was a child, it was my favorite number.  I just liked the way it sounded and looked as a word.   More recently, I got to hear two homilies on the forgiveness passage,  as well as study it in our local Matthew Bible Study and read several blog meditations on it, and I get that seven implies fullness and completeness.   Not that I think my list is comprehensive or perfect, but it does seem to evoke to me what Charlotte Mason called the Science of Relations -- they are all key ways of interacting with the world around us. 




3 comments:

  1. Seven Samurai--love that movie! (And most Akira Kurosawa films.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven is my favorite number too! It's the day of both my dad's and my husband's birthday's and if you add my birthday numerals together (25) you get 7!! I think it means a little something maybe ;-) Love your seven priorities, I would be happy with hitting any of them on a given day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!