We were also running errands during a lot of the week, which involves lots of driving since we live way on the outer edges of civilization.
Next week will be a busy week, too. In fact, as is typical, the summer is hastening by. Lots of changes and plans. I probably won't be blogging regularly until after July 4th since I have a lot of to-do's and if I don't focus, I will forget them.
Since I probably won't have time to write out my Monday Housekeeping post I'll update a little here:
- I lost a pound! Partly it was just because it was so hot here last week that I felt more like drinking iced green tea than eating.
- My little plants out on my deck are slowly growing. When I get my new camera I'm going to take pictures.
- I have been biking and reading quite a bit. Last week I read: An Experiment in Criticism (CS Lewis), Walking: A Complete Guide to the Complete Exercise, and Morte d'Urban as well as Move a Little, Lose a Lot. Oh, and a book called Mindless Eating. I'm kind of sick of healthy books now and want to start reading more fiction. I loved Morte d'Urban, a book by the Catholic JF Powers.
- I've also been re-reading Charlotte Mason and taking notes. This is my big homeschooling project for the summer. I usually pick some big project like that to focus on over the summer, which keeps me from spending too much time making lists of books I want in the curriculum catalogs. The books are almost always somewhat disappointing, especially the curriculum resources, but the projects always pay off in some way.
- The teenagers and up have been watching episodes of Lost together.