- A fourteen year old son making chocolate-chip pancakes for breakfast with both his younger brothers clustered happily around him.
- The electric blanket my husband bought yesterday.
- An older son bringing in firewood regularly so the woodstove is always going.
- My jet-steam-cleaner -- makes it easy to sterilize and clean little corners.
- All my patient and helpful household servants -- my dishwasher, my washer and dryer, my rangetop, my vacuum, my toaster oven, my hand mixer, my coffee maker.
- My hardback journal that I got from Borders years and years ago and is now filled to the last page.
- My cardigans, hooded sweatshirts and long underwear.
Gratitude: For warm, comforting, and convenient things.