Evening of Day Before (5 pm to 10 pm)
- Examen -- in room, right before evening starts -- reflect on what's been done and left undone.
- Start planning for next day in light of examen.
- Dinner -- prep, meal, clean-up,
- Get kitchen ready for next day -- load dishwasher, prep coffee maker, make lunch for high schooler
- Family prayer
- Bedtime routine for kids and self -- brush teeth, stories, prayer (finish by 9 pm)
- Personal reading, listen to tape or talk to husband
Beginning of Day (5:45 to 9:30)
- Get up, morning prayer, start stretching or circuit training (I spend five minutes on this whenever I'm in the bathroom)
- Take load of laundry downstairs, start load
- Kitchen routine -- feed dog, start coffee, let dog out, get breakfast ready and lunch set for highschooler
- Coffee and devotions, spiritual reading or rosary
- Exercise for 20 minutes on bike while reading, or go for walk
- Do maintenance housework --vacuum, clean bathrooms, or mop floor -- do focus cleaning if time permits
- Fold laundry, say mid-morning prayer, get children up and started on day.
Main Part of Day (9:30 am to 5 pm)
- Morning Time -- prayer, memory work, reading aloud, discussion of plans
- Homeschool Time -- work alternately with kids.
- Noon Hour: focus cleaning, then lunch and midday prayer
- Make phone calls if necessary
- Homeschool Time -- quiet time for reading, finish up schoolwork by 3 if possible
- Divine Mercy Chaplet between quiet time and finishing schoolwork
- Tidy, therapy and then outside or afternoon activities
- Rest, bath or exercise just before evening starts (go back to start) -- reflect on what has been done and undone
I'm going to think about making a schedule for the kids.