Thinking about what works in my blogging and where I want to go with it....
First of all, I want to try to keep things short(er) and simple(r). This will be a process.
One thing that might help me is keeping a list of ideas, and thinking about them when I'm doing other things, and then keeping my writing time to about 15 minutes.
OR spent a couple of hours writing several posts and post-dating them -- this seems to work for me since my ideas come in bursts.
What I like in blogging:
- Coming to insights that wouldn't have hit me if I hadn't blogged about them.
- Taking notes on books and excerpts from books (helps me remember them better)
- Capturing quotes (commonplace book idea) and links to things I want to remember
- Preserving memories (photos, some journaling -- I find I do increasingly less public journalling now that my kids are older -- I think it's intuitively related to their privacy).
- Organizing my thoughts
- Keeping accountable to my plans
- Looking back over them to see what was going on at a given time.
- Recording my reading (I don't do this faithfully... but still...)
- Doing series -- I like the continuity. But try breaking them up more?
- journaling (if I can figure out a way to do it)
- Helpful ideas (things that have worked or seem like they might work)
- Simplicity and poverty of spirit
- My faith
- Rule of Life
- finding beauty in ordinary life
- continuity (themes in posting)