Monday, August 3, 2009

Daybook


I haven't done one of these for the longest time but today we're all at the end stages (in a good way -- I hope ; )) of a nasty stomach virus. The Plan for today was for me to take my daughter to her orthodontist appointment and then have a nice mother/daughter shopping trip to get her supplies for college. Plan B, now, is to stay at home, lie around, do laundry and recover.

Outside my window...

Pleasantly cool and bright. Quite nice after last week's heat wave!

I am thinking...

about all the transitions coming up in our lives, especially my only daughter going to college! Almost too much to assimilate.

I am thankful for...

Nice kids. Hardworking and committed DH. Being mostly over the bug.

Learning all the time...

Aidan learned the names of the months by a nice magnetic manipulative when we were visiting our friends up north last week. I'll have to see if I can make a facsimile here at home.

From the kitchen...

Let's not think about that right now. At least beyond toast and tea.

I am creating...

or at least TRYING to create a peaceful, productive schedule for next year.

I am going...

to town, to daughter's college and to Alaska in the next few weeks.

I am reading...

All God's Children and Blue Suede Shoes.

I am hoping...

That we can sell the house without too much trouble when the time comes.

I am hearing...

Yojimbo (the sick teenagers are watching a video).

Around the house...

Piles of laundry from trip and illness, piles of books.

One of my favorite things...

My window seat. It's become my little planning haven for this year (every year I choose a different place).

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Recover.
Help daughter shop.
Catch up on laundry.
Possibly, if we can fit it in, visit m-i-law's cabin by the lake for a couple of days.

A Scripture Thought (from my daily calendar):

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him. See that you go on growing in the Lord, and become strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all he hast done. Colossians 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!