Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Novena to St Ignatius

St Ignatius of Loyola's feast day is July 31, so today would be the day to start a novena to finish it on that day. Here's one I found:
On the medal, begin with:

Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will.
All that I am and all that I possess You have given me:
I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will.
Give me only Your love and Your grace;
with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more.

Grant, O Lord, that my heart may neither desire nor seek anything but what is necessary for the fulfillment of Thy holy Will.
May health or sickness, riches or poverty, honors or contempt, humiliations, leave my soul in that state of perfect detachment to which I desire to attain for Thy greater honor and Thy greater glory.

On each group of three beads, pray


Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be

Conclude on the cross/crucifix with:

O my God, teach me to be generous:
to serve you as you deserve to be served;
to give without counting the cost;
to fight without fear of being wounded;
to work without seeking rest;
and to spend myself without expecting any reward,
but the knowledge that I am doing your holy will

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!