Monday, July 20, 2009

a couple of links

I found this Catholic Educational Review from 1922 -- it has an article about Education in the Home that sketches out the important early influences in spiritual, moral, intellectual and physical education (if the link doesn't bring up the right page, go to page 3).

Also, at the EWTN library there is a book called The Catholic Family Handbook by George Kelly that is from 1959 -- it is a good resource for parenting.

Also, I found this Secret of Sanctity online yesterday while I was looking for something else. It's quite nice, a translation from French, based on St Francis de Sales' teachings and compiled by a Jesuit priest. It talks about making a Rule for oneself and I'm going to try some of the suggestions since this was something I was just praying about yesterday.

I am printing out excerpts of things I want to remember and adding them to a notebook which is what I do every year - - IF I remember to look at them, they keep me on track and remind me of my priorities.

1 comment:

  1. I know what I'll be doing with my free time now - thanks for the links! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on this!