Sarah at Amongst Lovely Things tagged me for Honest Scrap:
I'm supposed to think of 10 honest things to say about myself ; -)
- I get cold easily. I wear long sleeves even if it's 90 degrees outside!
- I have trouble sitting through a movie or TV show. I get claustrophobic. The only exception is when someone I like invites me to watch something with them, then it seems more like quality time and less like a waste of time.
- I'm about the worst multitasker in the world. If I do one thing, everything else slips. It's called hyperfocus, I think.
- So I was rotten at sports. Balls bounced off my head while my attention was elsewhere.
- I love lists and schedules -- but you knew that, didn't you?
- I love driving on freeways. I used to think I was going to be a biker or a truck driver when I grew up. The closest I've come though is driving a mo-ped in Switzerland and a Suburban here in California.
- However, I didn't actually LEARN to drive until I was twenty (in Switzerland where I went to high school you couldn't get a driver's license till you're 18, and when I came back to the US I got busy doing other things.
- I went to a progressive alternative school for middle school, in Alaska. ... where I took Logic and Latin and Spanish and Greek mythology for my elective courses. Oh, yes, and Children's Literature. I guess that was the start of my future as an unschooly classicist; little did I know at the time, though I did have a hobby of pretending to order clothes for my imaginary family in the Sears catalog.
- I dislike soda and juice but could drink coffee all day, and sometimes I do.
- I am a rebel and if someone tells me I should do something and I don't think they're a rightful authority or make a reasonable case, I usually feel like doing the opposite. However, if they are a rightful authority or have reason on their side, my rebel side never kicks in.
I think almost everyone I know has already been tagged for this one so I'll do the shortcut and tag everyone that reads this and wants to play. In fact, fact #11 --
11. I hate tagging people because I really get angst-ridden over the selection process!
Laughingstars tagged me for Queen (of Awesomeness) for a Day:
Here’s the rules:
1. List Seven Things That Make You Awe-Summm!
2. Pass the award on to seven bloggers you read religiously.
3. Tag those seven bloggers.
Let's see, what's awesome about me?
- I didn't become a biker or truck driver but I did become a mom of seven children, which is even more unpredictable and adventurous. I think my family's pretty awesome and I guess I can take at least a bit of the credit.
- I am great at making lists and schedules and forms, though not as great at actually remembering where I put them.
- I can read almost anything with interest. I pick up new knowledge very quickly --- immersion learning.
- I'm good at dialectic -- being able to see the strong points in someone's case even if I don't agree with it.
- I like talking to my kids -- I love rambling, fascinating conversations with almost anyone who will participate.
- I can stick with very incremental, not immediately rewarding tasks -- poring through tomes for bits of information, copying out things. I could've made a good medieval monk painstakingly illuminating and transcribing old books.
- I take the odd road in everything -- in fact, I sort of like and am grateful for oddness in general. Geeks rule!
Dawn at Sufficient for Today
Erin at Seven Little Australians Plus One
Amy at A Call for Adventure
Lindsay at My Symphony
Faith at Two Thirds Unschooling
Susan at Country Diary
Sarah at Amongst Lovely Things
Jen at Wildflowers and Marbles
No pressure ;-). Play if you want!! And as LaughingStars says, these are only SOME of the bloggers I love!